To our valued clients,
Updated July 13, 2020
We are now able to offer some in – person appointments. We’ve certainly missed your faces. Video and phone appointments will continue to be available. I know many of you have enjoyed the flexibility and convenience of logging in from home or work!
The College of Dietitians of BC has asked that only clients who need to be seen in person do so, and that those who are able to do virtual continue with that option. If you have issues with hearing, enough quiet/private space to talk freely at home, or find it easier to understand new information in person we are happy to welcome you back.
If you are planning on coming in person, you’ll need to follow the guidance set out for health care settings in BC. Both the facility we are in (All Around Wellness) and the Westcoast Nutrition office have robust cleaning and safety protocols in place to do our best to keep everyone safe and healthy.
If you have a virtual appointment you would like to switch to in person, please call or email us.
Guidelines for In Person Client Appointments:
- Book in person appointments by phone (778-389-4802) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). As there is extra cleaning involved, we need to allow 15 minutes between any in person appointments. Only one client will be allowed in the office at a time, please leave family members or support people at home.
- You will be emailed a Covid-19 waiver and screening questionnaire before your appointment, it is mandatory before you can attend in person.
- Please wait in your car or outside. Michelle will call or text you when it’s time to come in.
- Sanitize your hands at the station immediately inside the doors before entering the facility.
- Wear a mask of your own, or one will be provided to you at the appointment at no charge. This is important given the small office size, limited ventilation, and longer duration of our appointments.
- Maintain 6ft of distance from other clients, staff, and visitors to the facility as much as possible.
- Do not come in if you are in any way not feeling well including, but not limited to fever, sneezing, sore throat, cough, taste changes, or unusual fatigue. We will happily change to a virtual appointment or reschedule – no cancellation fees will be applied.
What to expect:
- Michelle will wear a mask, and come meet you at the door if it is your first visit.
- There will be no exchange of papers, pens or other hard copy resources during the appointment. You may bring your own pen and notebook if you wish, and your resources will be emailed to you after the session.
- All clients will be sent an updated consent form (as you’ve seen with most of your other health appointments) that includes information around Covid 19, our policies and both of our responsibilities to follow guidelines.
- A warm welcome! I know for many of you in person appointments allow a deeper dive in to food. Although they will look a little different for now, I’m happy to be able to offer the option again and see some of your lovely faces.
We recognize that there has been so much change for everyone in how healthcare appointments look or feel. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Stay healthy and happy,